Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quote of the Week

For some reason I cannot stop thinking about the Prop 8 outcome. I have tried to just let it go, and not rant. However, its too hard. It makes me so angry. I just do not understand how people can be so ignorant. I just have to come to terms with the fact that their ignorance is something I will never understand. Through all of this I know that I want to somehow become way more involved in protests and organizations that are still fighting, with all of us, for our basic civil right to get married. So each week I am going to be posting a quote of the week that has somehow touched me (I will also update you on my progress in becoming an activist!). So here it is...by the famous Cynthia Nixon at Broadway Impact's Equality rally for marriage equality legislation in New York City last Sunday!!

"The right to marry is about us, it is not about you, any more than the fight for integration was about white people, or a women's right to vote was about men. It is only about you to the extent that you have to live with yourself knowing that you are depriving a significant portion of the population their basic civil rights."

This is Cynthia Nixon and her partner Christine Marinoni at the rally! They are also engaged! And so cute together!

PEACE and EQUALITY!


No comments:

Post a Comment